Am I about to post a recipe on this blog? You bet your bottom dollar I am. (I can take no credit for this recipe because I got it from my sister and she got it from somewhere else.)
YOU WILL NEED:
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of cocoa powder (if making chocolate muffins – replace this with slightly more flour if not using)
1 tsp of baking powder
1 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of oil
1 cup of liquid (water or soy milk or chocolate milk or fruit juice or WHATEVER YOU FANCY)
2 tbsp of vinegar (add right at the end – I like to use balsamic vinegar for chocolate muffins and white wine vinegar for vanilla or citrus but it’s totally up to you)
- Get everything on your work surface because this is going to be super quick. Also, pre-heat that oven of yours to 180°C/Gas Mark 4
- One after the other as listed above, add your ingredients to a bowl and stir with a whisk after each addition.
- NOTE: Baking powder and vinegar should not meet on their own. So, stir really well before you add the vinegar.
- Add more things as you wish – nuts, citrus zest, sprinkles, chocolate bits, fruit, whatever
- Pop in a greased and floured muffin tray (or in muffin cases if you have them on hand)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean. Err on the side of overbaked, these like to be underdone sometimes.